As more and more vacation destinations are opening, it’s time to start planning your next getaway… but where to vacation after COVID? This decision is not one to take lightly. We live in a different world than we did three months ago. It’s not as easy as to just jumping on a plane and heading to your typical tourist destination.
This post contains affiliate links.
These new times require us to examine ourselves and our appetite for travel adventures versus our appetite for exposure from taking a vacation after COVID-19. However, there are so many aspects of travel to consider, it’s hard to know where to begin.
Let’s make it easy with this fun quiz to help guide you in getting back to traveling.
DIRECTIONS: Answer each question and record the points associated with each answer.
Where to Take Your First Vacation After COVID Quiz
- How do you spend your down time?
- Hiking (1)
- Attending the latest art gallery opening (2)
- Relaxing at the beach (3)
- What downtime? (5)
- What is your biggest roadblock when planning a vacation?
- Budget (2)
- Crowds (0)
- How to please the whole family (4)
- Vacation Planning (3)
- What would a perfect vacation day consist of?
- Kayaking in a US National Park (1)
- Toes in the sand, margarita in your hand (3)
- Riding the latest hair-on-fire rollercoaster (5)
- Exploring a museum (2)
- Why do you love traveling?
- Regenerate (3)
- Escape ‘real’ life (4)
- Adventure seeking (1)
- Exploring cultures and cuisines (2)
- What is your ideal accommodation?
- Tent under the stars (0)
- 5-star hotel (2)
- I just need a place to lay my head (4)
- A room with a beachy view (3)
- At a party, where are you?
- People watching (3)
- In the kitchen, helping the host (2)
- Center of attention (4)
- Enjoying a quiet conversation in the corner (1)
- Among your friends, which describes you:
- The wild one (3)
- The trendy one (2)
- The laid back one (1)
- The busy one (4)
- My travel destination should be known for:
- Serving the best margarita (3)
- The best museums and culture (2)
- Dawn to dusk activities (5)
- Amazing vistas (1)
- What is your preferred method of travel?
- Drive (1)
- Fly (5)
- How much does the recent COVID-19 pandemic scare you?
- Pandemic, schman-demic? (6)
- I know I need to be safe, but I am not too worried (3)
- I am currently completing this quiz in an isolation bubble. (0)
Types of Vacation You Should Take After COVID
Add up your points and see which vacation is best suited for your likes and dislikes.
|7 – 16 Points:||Your aversion to crowds and exposure to COVID-19 make camping and nature-based vacations your best bet. Whether it’s a tent under the stars, a rented RV to cruise the countryside or a cabin in the mountains, you will feel safe and satisfied that you are getting away from the crowd all while still experiencing a relaxing break from the monotony of quarantine.|
|17 – 26 Points||You are not quite ready for a full-on vacation which will require mass transit but still want a short getaway where you can still maintain social distancing guideline (for the most part). If so, a quick trip to the closest metropolitan area might be just what the doctor ordered. You can plan intimate dinners, museum visits, outdoor architectural tours and small gallery showings over a long weekend.|
|27 – 36 Points||You are ready to get out of Dodge! Forget quarantining on your couch. You want a fruity beverage in your hand as you socially distance with a salty breeze in the air. Therefore, the all-inclusive resorts of the Caribbean are perfect for escaping.|
|37 – 46 Points:||You need magic and you need it NOW! Whether it’s the magic of Disney or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter you need a getaway filled with fun and excitement after these torturous months away. You want sun-up to sun-down activities, dining options galore and to be surrounded by likeminded folks. Mass transit doesn’t worry you as they are just a means to get you to your vacation destination ASAP!|
You will notice I didn’t include cruising as an option. Right now, the cruise industry is taking a pause to make sure they are prepped and ready to start safely receiving guests in the not-to-distant future. Once the cruise industry returns you can add this option to the section which includes theme park vacations. It can be difficult to properly socially distance on a cruise ship.
So where are you vacationing after COVID? Let me know in the comments below or tweeting me @JazzinDisneyMom
Sue Nowicki is an alumna of the 2014/15 Disney Parks Moms Panel and a travel agent with Looking Glass Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Agency. She is a team mom extraordinaire who has filled her time serving as secretary, navigator, head cheerleader, treasurer, athletic trainer and team psychologist for her daughter’s travel sports team for over 15 years before becoming a team owner. You can follow her on Twitter at @JazzinDisneyMom.